The term “brain surgery” refers to numerous medical procedures that involve repairing structural issues in the brain. There are various kinds of brain surgery types and risks.
The type used is based on also the condition being treated and the area of the brain. Advances in medical technology have enabled surgeons to operate on the brain without a single incision in or close to the head.
During surgery, your operating surgeon may:
- Free a nerve
- Drain blood or an infection
- Remove abnormal brain tissue
- Clip off an aneurysm to stop blood flow
- Remove a tumor or a chunk of tumor for a diagnostic test
Brain Surgery procedure
Surgery could also be suggested to:
- Blood clots
- Skull fracture
- Parkinson’s disease
- Pressure after head injury
- Fluid increase within the brain
- Nerve injury or nerve irritation
- Provide a tumor sample to determine a correct diagnosis.
- Relieve seizures (due to a brain tumor) that are hard to control.
- Enable direct access to genetic treatment of malignant tumors, chemotherapy, or radiation implants.
- Remove as much tumor as possible, either to alleviate symptoms caused by the tumoritself or to reduce the number of the tumor to be treated with radiation or chemotherapy.
However, not all of those conditions need to undergo brain surgery. A full examine with the expert should be even.
Brain Surgery types and risks
All surgical procedures carry some risk. Brain surgery is a major medical event. Surgery on the brain or spinal cord is a serious operation, and surgeons are very careful to try to limit any problems either during or after surgery. Complications during or after surgery such as bleeding, infections, or reactions to anesthesia are rare, but they can happen. It carries further risk. Possible risks of the surgical procedure are:
- Brain swelling
- Blood clot or trauma in the brain
- Infection in the brain, wound, or skull
- Recovery from surgery depends on the type of procedure done
- Problems with speech, memory, balance, vision and muscle weakness
Get Insurance Advice
Financial Security – Its There When Needed
Levine can can help you to protect yourself and the future of your loved ones. Get immediate financial security. Don’t touch your savings. Let insurance provide it.
She can help provide the financial security in times of hardship and will be able to ease the financial burden of your dependents in your absence.
Contact our AIA INSURANCE AGENT LEVINE LEE to get in touch with us and start your personal coverage, group coverage or choose your plan now. Get covered correctly. Be advised correctly. Call Levine Lee (+6012-684 0948) today to be advised on the best insurance protection personalized for you. Or send us the form below on your interest.