AIA A-Plus BabyCare is the Malaysian baby insurance plans from AIA. It is an add on rider for the AIA A-Life Joy child insurance plan. The AIA A-Plus BabyCare plan is a the comprehensive and best baby insurance plan in Malaysia by AIA, that gives financial cover for a wide range of costs due to birth risks and baby development risks.
It is best to start to insure your baby in the womb as early as 14 weeks. The medical checkup will be waived if you have the A-Life Lady360 plan and the start week can be even earlier than 14 weeks.
This AIA A-Plus BabyCare plan covers the following high risk, high cost situations for both mother and baby:
Baby Insurance Coverage for New Born Babies
- Child care benefit if the baby is admitted to the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) or High Dependency Unit (HDU) at Rm300 per day or RM600 per day.
- Incubation of new born babies at RM150 per day or RM300 per day, depending on the plan selected.
- New born jaundice requiring phototherapy treatment ( a common scenario) at RM 500 or RM 1,000 per claim.
Birth Defects Hospitalization Coverage
Babies could have their development or growth impacted in the womb, resulting in congenital birth defects when born. The following are the 15 birth defects hospitalization costs covered by AIA A-Plus BabyCare plans in Malaysia. A word of warning; the images in the links below can be quite distressing. Do not go to those links if you are expecting or planning for a baby.
- Heart – Ventricular Septal Defect (VSD)
- Heart – Atrial Septal Defect (ASD)
- Heart – Tetralogy of Fallot
- Heart – Transposition of Great Vessels
- Main Blood Vessel from Heart – Coarctation of the Aorta (CoA or CoAo)
- Brain – Cerebral Palsy
- Brain – Infantile Hydrocephalus
- Spine and Spinal Cord – Spina Bifuda
- Mouth and Face – Cleft Lift with or without Cleft Palate
- Eyes – Congenital Cataract
- Ears – Congenital Deafness
- Anus – Anal Atresia
- Eating – Oesophageal Atresia
- Breathing – Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia
- Eating & Breathing – Tracheo-oesophageal Fistula
Child Development Disorder Coverage
As babies grow into toddlers and then children, parents may notice certain differences from normal, in the behaviour of the child. The following behaviour disorders are covered by this AIA baby insurance plan for Malaysia:
Death of Foetus Coverage
This baby insurance plan provides costs coverage for foetus death after 28th week of gestation/pregnancy till child birth.
Pregnancy Complications Coverage
This is the coverage for the pregnant mother. The following medical conditions can occur during pregnancy and is covered by this AIA baby insurance plan in Malaysia.
- During later part of pregnancy – Eclampsia
- During later part of pregnancy – Abruptio Placentae
- During childbirth – Amniotic Fluid Embolism
AIA Baby Insurance Plans Malaysia Coverage Conditions
This baby insurance plans is by AIA Malaysia for Malaysians. It is a rider, an add on plan to the A-Life Joy plan, an all in one total children insurance plan.
Pregnant woman aged between 18 and 45 years old are eligible to buy this baby care plan as part of the A-Life Joy plan. There are two plans, Plan 1 and Plan 2 for this AIA baby insurance.
Woman with the AIA A-Life Lady360 plan get additional exemptions and benefits for this AIA A-Plus BabyCare plan.
It should be noted that this plan is not for pregnancies developed from IVF or artificial insemination methods. There are conditions as is normal with all insurance policies. It will be best to get advice from an experienced AIA insurance agent in this matter.
If you are ready to protect your pregnancy and baby hospital costs, Call and Ask Levine for her special offer and promotion for this best selling Baby and Mother plan from AIA. Call soonest as limited offers available.
Contact our Life Planning Advisor to get in touch with us and start your personal coverage or choose your plan now. Get covered correctly. Be advised correctly. Call Levine Lee today to be advised on the best insurance protection personalized for you. Or send us the form below on your interest.
Latest posts by Levine Lee (see all)
- AIA Maternity, Pregnancy Insurance Coverage Plans Malaysia - 17 August 2019
- Passenger Liability Insurance - 1 August 2019
- AIA Insurance Malaysia - 16 July 2019