The term “brain surgery” refers to numerous medical procedures that involve repairing structural issues in the brain. There are various kinds of brain surgery types and risks.
The type used is based on also the condition being treated and the area of the brain. Advances in medical technology have enabled surgeons to operate on the brain without a single incision in or close to the head.
During surgery, your operating surgeon may:
- Free a nerve
- Drain blood or an infection
- Remove abnormal brain tissue
- Clip off an aneurysm to stop blood flow
- Remove a
tumoror a chunk of for a diagnostic test tumor
Brain Surgery procedure
Surgery could also be suggested to:
- Blood clots
- Skull fracture
- Parkinson’s disease
- Pressure after head injury
- Fluid increase within the brain
- Nerve injury or nerve irritation
- Provide a
tumorsample to determine a correct diagnosis.
- Relieve seizures (due to a brain
tumor) that are hard to control.
- Enable direct access to genetic treatment of malignant
tumors, chemotherapy, or radiation implants.
- Remove as much
tumoras possible, either to alleviate symptoms caused by the tumoritself or to reduce the number of the tumorto be treated with radiation or chemotherapy.
However, not all of those conditions need to undergo brain surgery. A full examine with the expert should be even.
Brain Surgery types and risks
All surgical procedures carry some risk. Brain surgery is a major medical event. Surgery on the brain or spinal cord is a serious operation, and surgeons are very careful to try to limit any problems either during or after surgery. Complications during or after surgery such as bleeding, infections, or reactions to
- Brain swelling
- Blood clot or trauma in the brain
- Infection in the brain, wound, or skull
- Recovery from surgery depends on the type of procedure done
- Problems with speech, memory, balance, vision and muscle weakness
Get Insurance Advice
Contact our Life Insurance Planner who is familiar with the costs involved in different hospitals. Get in touch with us to understand the insurance coverage.
Be advised correctly. Call us today at +6012 684 0948.
Latest posts by Levine Lee (see all)
- Why the Need to Buy Insurance as Early as Possible - March 16, 2019
- Levine Lee Gets an Award from AIA - March 16, 2019
- Welcome to Red Cover Life Planning - February 7, 2018