This post is also available in: 简体中文 (Chinese (Simplified))
What is Congenital Birth Defects?
A birth defect, also known as a congenital disorder, is a condition present at birth regardless of its cause. This birth defect medical cost is covered by Congenital Birth Defect Insurance Coverage from AIA.
Birth defects may result in disabilities that may be physical, intellectual, or developmental. The disabilities can range from mild to severe.
What Causes Congenital Birth Defects?
Congenital disorders can be inherited through their genetics or caused by environmental factors in which the impact on a child’s health and development can be mild to severe.
A child with a congenital disorder may experience a disability or health problems throughout life. It is usually better to know what the factors are so there would be prevention methods that is practised and if it tends to happen, then what can you do to detect the congenital disorder at early pregnancies.
Child Disorder Development Coverage
This insurance covers for congenital birth defects and other conditions like Autism and ADHD that require long term treatment. Moreover, it also covers Neonatal Insurance.
Birth Defects Hospitalization Coverage
When in womb, the babies might have their growth or development impacted in which causes the congenital birth defects when they born. The list below is the birth defects hospitalization cost covered by AIA A-Plus BabyCare plans in Malaysia.
- Heart – Ventricular Septal Defect (VSD)
- Heart – Atrial Septal Defect (ASD)
- Heart – Tetralogy of Fallot
- Heart – Transposition of Great Vessels
- Main Blood Vessel from Heart – Coarctation of the Aorta (CoA or CoAo)
- Brain – Cerebral Palsy
- Brain – Infantile Hydrocephalus
- Spine and Spinal Cord – Spina Bifuda
- Mouth and Face – Cleft Lift with or without Cleft Palate
- Eyes – Congenital Cataract
- Ears – Congenital Deafness
- Anus – Anal Atresia
- Eating – Oesophageal Atresia
- Breathing – Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia
- Eating & Breathing – Tracheo-oesophageal Fistula
AIA New Born Baby Boy Investment Linked Medical Insurance Plan Malaysia
This is an investment linked medical insurance plan for newly born baby boys. The price shown is the starting monthly premium price.
- Medical coverage RM1.5 million, refreshed and renewed annually
- Life coverage RM50,000
- Entry Age, start from 14 days to 2 years old
- Not applicable for premature birth babies
- Document required is the Baby MyKid Card or Birth Certificate
- Then pass it over to Levine with the signed application form
- The plan details and downloads are in the detailed description below
Congenital Birth Defects Insurance Coverage FAQs
A birth defect, also known as a congenital disorder, is a condition present at birth regardless of its cause.
Usually it is inherited genetically, or might be due to environmental factors.
The coverage is ranging from heart, brain, the face area, spine, and breathing.
It differ for type of treatment and plan. See our featured insurance products.
AIA Insurance Agent for Malaysia
Contact our AIA Life Planning Advisor to get in touch with us and start your personal coverage or choose your plan now. Get covered correctly. Be advised correctly. Call Levine Lee (+6012-684 0948) today to be advised on the best insurance protection personalized for you. Or send us the form below on your interest.